Sermon Starters–here are some instructions to get you started! Then download the 15 page Word document written by some Upper Room Ministries colleagues.
Before you begin planning worship, we suggest you read the corresponding book chapter, watch the DVD segment, and review the Adult Guide then with your team begin with Sermon Starters!
The flow of the DVD is:
- Rob introduces the session.
- Rob visits significant places for the session and adds commentary.
- Rob wraps up and leaves your group with some thoughts or a question to discuss together.
Instructions for your preparation:
- Read the chapter in the book and review the reflection questions at the end of the chapter.
- Watch the DVD segment for the session—listen for key phrases or words.
- Review the Adult Guide for the session.
- The prayer that Rob uses during the last session is edited and provided here as a downloadable meme to use in groups, worship, and to share on social media.
Consider asking your worship team or adult class leaders to meet to discuss the book and DVD so you can get their perspectives. Hearing other perspectives will make the series richer for everyone.
Think about how to introduce the series in your sermon:
- What does the title of the series means to you personally?
- What do you want to share from your own life experience that is similar or difference than Paul’s?
- What “Servant Spotlights” from your setting would you want to feature? (pgs: 30, 46, 64, 78, 95, 111)
Everyone will get more out of this series if you create a safe space for people to share and hear each other’s stories.
Sermon Starter links to come
Download the Sermon Starters (15 page PDF).
Additional Worship Helps
Worship helps for each week; tailor the content for your setting.
Worship Guide/Bulletin Cover–-download a 4-color image on white (8.5 x 11)
Prayer Meme–download the 4-color jpg to use in worship, with your group, to post on your church website or share on social media. (This prayer has been edited from what you will hear on the last DVD session.)